Cedar cladding offers a beautiful and natural finish to the building, which can be left to weather naturally without the need for treatment against rot and decay. The slow grown process means the timber is not as readily available as the softwood equivalents, hence this is reflected in the price of the raw material. The properties of the Cedar cladding is such that each individual piece is different in colour, thus making your building much more natural and unique.
The Cedar Curved Roof Office is available in one size which is 3800mm wide x 3000mm deep (12ft x 10ft). It includes:
1 – set of the double doors with a multi-point lock
2 – 600mm single sidelights, 1 – contemporary window and a vent window.
3 – Double sockets are included along with a consumer unit and a switch – however the final internal & external connections need to be provided by a local electrician.
Externally it features a protruding side wall and 600mm decking to the front.
The standard colour of the doors and windows is grey, and the standard timber cladding is Cedar. Internally and it is lined with a white flat ceiling with spotlights, with the walls lined with grooved lining board.
The Curved Roof Cedar Garden Office or Garden Room is constructed using 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) selected framing. The framework is built and clad with 12mm x 100mm cedar shiplap cladding on the exterior, providing you with a beautiful finish and long service life .
The floor has a 12mm plywood finish, and sits onto 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) tanalised floor joists with 75mm Celotex insulation underneath the plywood. A second level of tanalised bearers lifts the floor away from the concrete base to provide the necessary air flow beneath the building.
The Curved Roof Cedar Garden Office roof construction comes in one roof version only 'curved':
The Curved roof comes with either brown or grey polyester felt.
The curved roof design does not have guttering although we can fit as an extra if required.
The lights, sockets, and wiring are all in place ready to be connected by a qualified electrician. Standard offices are complete with a consumer unit (with breakers), a light switch, lights (with bulbs & transformers), and sockets, although more can be purchased to suit your requirements.
Please note that all sockets and lights will need a qualified electrician to connect the wiring at both the consumer unit end, and the socket / light end to comply with the current regulations. In addition to this your electrician will also need to connect the electric feed from the external power source to your office.
Standard Specification at a Glance
- External Clad - 12mm x 100mm cedar ship lap cladding requiring no maintenance.
- Heavy Duty Floor - 75mm tantalised framing Celotex plus 15mm plywood floor with a 20mm airgap for air flow.
- 5 Layer fully insulated and lined wall specification – Cedar cladding plus vapour barrier, splash back DPM skirt, 75mm framing with 50mm Celotex and 12mm seamless vertical grooved lining board.
- Curved Roof – With 300mm overhangs to the sides and 600mm to the front.
- Ground Work – There are a range of options, Concrete base, timber base or existing hard standing. For more information please click here or contact us for advice.
- Double Doors – 1200mm double glazed double doors in anthracite grey.
- Side Lights – 2 x 600mm double glazed full length fixed side lights.
- Windows - 1 x 600mm wide x 1050mm high D/G Casement Windows in Anthracite Grey and 1 x High Level Vent Window – in Anthracite Grey.
- Insurance recognised locking system to doors and windows – The doors have a multi-lock system and the windows have locking handles.
- Skirting and trims – Skirting is included to floor level and at eaves level. Trims are included around the doors, window and to the ceiling.
- FSC Sustainable timber – All timber is from Scandinavian certified and sustainable forests
- Vapour Barrier – The built in vapour barrier is an essential element of the structure to keep the damp out of the building.
- Lighting – The building will be supplied with chrome GU10 down lights.
- Sockets and Consumer Unit – The sockets and switches come with chrome face plates. The Consumer unit comes with two switches, 6amp for the lights and 16amp for the sockets. It also has an RCD built into it.
- Roof Overhangs – 300mm either side and 700mm to the front.
- Guttering – Guttering is not fitted to this building but can be fitted as an extra.
Available Optional Extras
- Bespoke Building - This building is one size and is a set specification. If you wish change the design please have a look at our Bespoke Range of Garden Offices.
Finance and Funding Options
- Garden Retreat can provide either Hire Purchase or Finance lease options and there is also a large amount of other funding resources available. Please click here for more information on Finance and Funding Options
If you require planning information we are happy to advise and support, please click here for further information.
All prices include installation, VAT, the only additional cost would be delivery which is listed in the table below.
For further information please either complete the contact form below or call one of our team.
|Cornwall – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Scotland – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Sussex East & West||£200.00|
|Tyne & Wear||£400.00|
Contact us for more information.