The £5,500.00 garden pod is a perfect cost effective solution for additional space, the Garden Pod comes with the following:
- 3.0m (10ft) x 2.4m (8ft) garden pod - garden office
- 16mm x 125mm pressure treated ship lap. Rot resistant for 25 years.
- Internal lining, 12 mm MDF ready for painting by the Customer. OSB to floor.
- 5 Layer fully insulated and lined wall specification which includes, shiplap plus vapour barrier, splash back DPM skirt, 75mm framing with 50mm polystyrene and12mm MDF lining board.
- Fully insulated floor with 75mm framing and Celotex, a 15mm plywood floor and a 20mm airflow gap underneath.
- Roof has a 5 layer specification with 12mm MDF ceiling, 125mm sloping joists, with 50mm polystyrene, 12mm OSB, fully under felted and a metal roof with trims.
- 6ft wide standard patio doors in black, brown, white or anthracite grey.
- Single uPVC window is included in the specification and again are available in black, brown, white or anthracite grey. Other windows are available if required.
- Skirting and trims are white primed and fitted to the floor and ceiling. Trims to the window and corners are optional extras.
- Sustainable timber - All timber is sourced from certified and sustainable forests.
- The vapour barrier is an essential part of the structure to keep the damp out.
- Lighting - includes a switch and florescent light.
- Sockets and Consumer Unit - Includes two white sockets, a consumer unit with two breakers and an RCD. Addition sockets are available.
- Rear guttering is included in black or brown.
The Garden Pod Garden Office or Garden Room are constructed using 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) selected framing. The framework is built and clad with 16mm x 125mm tanalised shiplap cladding on the exterior, providing you with a 25 year rot resistant finish.
The interior is lined with 12mm MDF, to provide a high quality and attractive finish, with cavity filled 50mm polystyrene insulation. Skirting and appropriate moldings are also fitted to provide a professional finish.
The floor has a 12mm plywood finish, and sits onto 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) tanalised floor joists with 75mm Celotex insulation underneath the plywood. A second level of tanalised bearers lifts the floor away from the concrete base to provide the necessary air flow beneath the building.
The Garden Pod Garden Office roof construction comes in the Mono roof version only:
The Mono roof is popular when you want a contemporary look or you are looking for a garden building that is not too obtrusive in the garden
Alternatively, we normally specify the mono roof if you are trying to stay below the 2.5m high planning rule if you are within two metres of your boundary.
The Mono roof has a 5 layer specification with 12mm MDF ceiling, 125mm sloping joists, with 50mm polystyrene, 12mm OSB, fully under felted and a metal roof with trims.
The mono roof design has guttering to the rear only in either black or brown
The lights, sockets, and wiring are all in place ready to be connected by a qualified electrician. Standard offices are complete with a consumer unit (with breakers), a light switch, lights (with bulbs & transformers), and sockets, although more can be purchased to suit your requirements.
Please note that all sockets and lights will need a qualified electrician to connect the wiring at both the consumer unit end, and the socket / light end to comply with the current regulations. In addition to this your electrician will also need to connect the electric feed from the external power source to your office.
Standard Specification at a Glance
- External Clad - 16mm x 125mm tanalised ship lap cladding requiring no maintenance for 25 years.
- Heavy Duty Floor - 75mm tantalised framing Celotex plus 15mm plywood floor with a 20mm airgap for air flow.
- 5 Layer fully insulated and lined wall specification – Ship lap cladding plus vapour barrier, splash back DPM skirt, 75mm framing with 50mm Celotex and 12mm seamless vertical grooved lining board.
- Mono Pitched Roof – Mono Roof sloping from front to back with 150mm fall. Ship lap barge boards hide the fall of the roof and the guttering when viewed from the front
- Ground Work – There are a range of options, Concrete base, timber base or existing hard standing. For more information please click here or contact us for advice.
- Doors – The Garden Pod doors are 1800mm wide standard patio doors in black, brown, white or anthracite grey.
- Window – Single uPVC window is included in the specification and again are available in black, brown, white or anthracite grey. Other windows are available if required.
- Insurance recognised locking system to doors and windows – The doors have a multi-lock system and the windows have locking handles
- Skirting and trims – Skirting is included to floor level and at eaves level.
- FSC Sustainable timber – All timber is from Scandinavian certified and sustainable forests
- Vapour Barrier – The built in vapour barrier is an essential element of the structure to keep the damp out of the building.
- Lighting – includes a switch and florescent light.
- Sockets and Consumer Unit – Includes two white sockets, a consumer unit with two breakers and an RCD. Addition sockets are available
- Roof Overhangs – This mono roof comes with an overhang all round.
- Guttering – All our garden offices come with either black or brown guttering and down pipes where appropriate. The mono roof has guttering to the rear only.
Available Optional Extras
- Bespoke Building - This building is one size and is a set specification. If you wish change the design please have a look at our Bespoke Range of Garden Offices
- Base work
- Blue Tooth - System with speakers in the ceiling
Additional Windows & Doors
- Additional windows my be purchased if required.
Finance and Funding Options
- Garden Retreat can provide either Hire Purchase or Finance lease options and there is also a large amount of other funding resources available. Please click here for more information on Finance and Funding Options
If you require planning information we are happy to advise and support, please click here for further information.
All prices include installation, VAT, the only additional cost would be delivery which is listed in the table below.
For further information please either complete the contact form below or call one of our team.
|Cornwall – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Scotland – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Sussex East & West||£200.00|
|Tyne & Wear||£400.00|
Contact us for more information.