The two distinguishing points of the Modern Range of Garden Offices are the slope of the roof and the vertical external cladding.
To provide a minimal look to the roof and to have spotlights in the ceiling we have created the slope within the side walls.
This means the front is 2.4m and the back is 2.2m. Outside the walls are clad with exterior grade vertical T&G boarding, painted in a choice of colours.
The Winchester Modern Range of Garden Offices are based on a modular design in sections of 1200mm and 600mm by 2134mm high.
The Modern Garden Offices or Garden Rooms are constructed using 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) selected framing. The framework is built and clad with exterior grade vertical T&G boarding which can be painted in a range of colours and provide a very different look to the standard shiplap version of garden building.
The interior is lined with 12mm MDF, which is ready to decorate, with cavity filled 50mm polystyrene insulation. Skirting and appropriate moldings are also fitted to provide a professional finish.
The floor has a 12mm plywood finish, and sits onto 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) tanalised floor joists with 75mm Celotex insulation underneath the plywood. A second level of tanalised bearers lifts the floor away from the concrete base to provide the necessary air flow beneath the building.
The Modern Garden Office also comes with a front decking area, overhang and a contemporary side wing.
The Modern Garden Office roof construction comes in only one version, the mono roof.
The Mono roof is popular when you want a contemporary look or you are looking for a garden building that is not too obtrusive in the garden
Alternatively, we normally specify the mono roof if you are trying to stay below the 2.5m high planning rule if you are within two metres of your boundary,
The Mono roof comes with either brown or grey polyester felt and now we can offer a metal clad roof for an extended service life, the Modern Garden Office has a metal Rollaclad roof as standard. The Mono roof comes with a standard 400mm overhang to the front and 150mm to the sides with porch lights as standard.
The mono roof design has guttering to the rear only, or to just one side depending on the slope of the roof. The guttering in this instance is hidden by using barge boards.
The lights, sockets, and wiring are all in place ready to be connected by a qualified electrician. Standard offices are complete with a consumer unit (with breakers), a light switch, lights (with bulbs & transformers), and sockets, although more can be purchased to suit your requirements.
Please note that all sockets and lights will need a qualified electrician to connect the wiring at both the consumer unit end, and the socket / light end to comply with the current regulations. In addition to this your electrician will also need to connect the electric feed from the external power source to your office.
Standard Specification at a Glance
- External Clad - exterior grade vertical T&G boarding, which can be painted in a choice of colours.
- Heavy Duty Floor - 75mm tantalised framing Celotex plus 15mm plywood floor with a 20mm airgap for air flow.
- Laminate Floor - this building comes with a laminate floor and there are a number of finishes to choose from, please contact us for options.
- 5 Layer fully insulated and lined wall specification – exterior grade vertical T&G boarding plus vapour barrier, splash back DPM skirt, 75mm framing with 50mm Celotex and 12mm MDF internally which is ready for the customer to decorate.
- Mono Pitched Roof – Mono Roof sloping from front to back with 150mm fall. Rollaclad metal roof and guttering to the rear.
- Ground Work – There are a range of options, Concrete base, timber base or existing hard standing. For more information please click here or contact us for advice.
- Double Doors – The Modern Garden Office doors are 1200mm wide, double glazed and standard colour is a brown stain.
- Side lights – The standard side lights are 600mm wide x 2 and are double glazed, they are supplied stained brown as a standard.
- Windows - Picture window at the back - 450mm wide x 600mm high
- Insurance recognised locking system to doors and windows – The doors have a multi-lock system and the windows have locking handles
- Colour Options – The doors and windows can be painted to a factory finish in a variety of colours. The cladding can be stained or painted by the Customer after installation. Please contact us for information on colours and prices.
- Skirting and trims – Skirting is included to floor level and at eaves level. Trims are included around the doors, window and to the ceiling.
- FSC Sustainable timber – All timber is from Scandinavian certified and sustainable forests
- Vapour Barrier – The built in vapour barrier is an essential element of the structure to keep the damp out of the building.
- Lighting – The building will be supplied with chrome GU10 down lights.
- Sockets and Consumer Unit – The sockets and switches come with chrome face plates. The Consumer unit comes with two switches, 6amp for the lights and 16amp for the sockets. It also has an RCD built into it.
- Roof Overhangs – The Mono roof comes with a 400mm standard overhand to the front (can be altered if required) and 150mm overhang to the sides with guttering to the rear.
- Guttering – All our garden offices come with either black or brown guttering and down pipes where appropriate. The mono roof has guttering the rear only and the pitched roof has it fitted to the front and rear
Available Optional Extras
- Factory Finish doors and windows - painted in either anthracite grey of cream
- uPVC doors and windows up-grade - in either Anthracite Grey, or white
- Cedar - Cladding
- Base work
- Blue Tooth - System with speakers in the ceiling
- Porch Lights - in overhang
Additional Windows & Doors
- If you would like to have additional doors or windows we can quote for these on request
Finance and Funding Options
- Garden Retreat can provide either Hire Purchase or Finance lease options and there is also a large amount of other funding resources available. Please click here for more information on Finance and Funding Options
If you require planning information we are happy to advise and support, please click here for further information.
All prices include installation, VAT, the only additional cost would be delivery which is listed in the table below.
For further information please either complete the contact form below or call one of our team.
|Cornwall – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Scotland – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Sussex East & West||£200.00|
|Tyne & Wear||£400.00|
Contact us for more information.