This garden office/garden pod is another example of an excellent cost effective solution to creating a work space which includes electrics, installation, and VAT, it is a complete turnkey solution that allows you to have your new work space quickly with minimum effort.
This office comes in a standard 3.0m (10ft) x 3.0m (10ft) size and has the following features:
- 1 – 3000mm wide x 3000mm deep (external dimensions) Contemporary Style Garden Office,
- 2.5m high sloping to 2.2m at back
- 150mm overhang to sides and 500mm overhang to front
- 500mm decking to front
- Grey Insulated metal Rollaclad roof with trims
- 1 – u-PVC Door in Anthracite Grey
- 2 – Side screens in Anthracite Grey with trickle vents
- 1 - High level vent window to the rear.
- 3 – Double Sockets, Lights in walls, 1 – Consumer Unit, and a single switch
- External spotlights in front overhang
This particular building was painted by the customer and normally comes in out standard tanalised ship lap cladding.
This Garden Offices or Garden Room is constructed using 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) selected framing. The framework is built and clad with 16mm x 125mm tanalised shiplap cladding on the exterior, providing you with a 25 year rot resistant finish.
The interior is lined with 12mm brush grooved plywood, to provide a high quality and attractive finish, with cavity filled 50mm polystyrene insulation. Skirting and appropriate moldings are also fitted to provide a professional finish.
The floor has a 12mm plywood finish, and sits onto 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) tanalised floor joists with 75mm Celotex insulation underneath the plywood. A second level of tanalised bearers lifts the floor away from the concrete base to provide the necessary air flow beneath the building.
This Garden Office roof construction comes as follows:
The Mono roof is popular when you want a contemporary look or you are looking for a garden building that is not too obtrusive in the garden.
Alternatively, we normally specify the mono roof if you are trying to stay below the 2.5m high planning rule if you are within two metres of your boundary,
The Mono roof comes with a grey insulated metal Rollaclad roof with trims.
The mono roof design has guttering to the rear only, and can be supplied in brown or black
The lights, sockets, and wiring are all in place ready to be connected by a qualified electrician. Standard offices are complete with a consumer unit (with breakers), a light switch, lights (with bulbs & transformers), and sockets, although more can be purchased to suit your requirements.
Please note that all sockets and lights will need a qualified electrician to connect the wiring at both the consumer unit end, and the socket / light end to comply with the current regulations. In addition to this your electrician will also need to connect the electric feed from the external power source to your office.
Standard Specification at a Glance
- External Clad - 16mm x 125mm tanalised ship lap cladding requiring no maintenance for 25 years.
- Heavy Duty Floor - 75mm tantalised framing Celotex plus 15mm plywood floor with a 20mm airgap for air flow.
- 5 Layer fully insulated and lined wall specification – Shiplap cladding plus vapour barrier, splash back DPM skirt, 75mm framing with 50mm Celotex and 12mm seamless vertical grooved lining board.
- Mono Pitched Roof – Mono Roof sloping from front to back with 150mm fall. Ship lap barge boards hide the fall of the roof and the guttering when viewed from the front
- Ground Work – There are a range of options, Concrete base, timber base or existing hard standing. For more information please click here or contact us for advice.
- Doors – This building comes with one single fully double glazed u PVC door in anthracite grey.
- Windows – 2 x side screens in anthracite grey
- Insurance recognised locking system to doors and windows – The doors have a multi-lock system and the windows have locking handles
- Skirting and trims – Skirting is included to floor level and at eaves level. Trims are included around the doors, window and to the ceiling.
- FSC Sustainable timber – All timber is from Scandinavian certified and sustainable forests
- Vapour Barrier – The built in vapour barrier is an essential element of the structure to keep the damp out of the building.
- Lighting – This building comes with lights in the walls.
- Sockets and Consumer Unit – The sockets and switches come with whit face plates. The Consumer unit comes with two switches, 6amp for the lights and 16amp for the sockets. It also has an RCD built into it.
- Roof Overhangs – The Mono roof comes with a 400mm standard overhang to the front and 150mm overhand to the sides with guttering to the rear.
- Guttering – The mono roof has guttering the rear only and the pitched roof has it fitted to the front and rear
Available Optional Extras
- Bespoke Building - This building is one size and is a set specification. If you wish change the design please have a look at our Bespoke Range of Garden Offices
- Base work
- Blue Tooth - System with speakers in the ceiling
Additional Windows & Doors
- Additional windows may be installed if required
Finance and Funding Options
- Garden Retreat can provide either Hire Purchase or Finance lease options and there is also a large amount of other funding resources available. Please click here for more information on Finance and Funding Options
If you require planning information we are happy to advise and support, please click here for further information.
All prices include installation, VAT, the only additional cost would be delivery which is listed in the table below.
For further information please either complete the contact form below or call one of our team.
|Cornwall – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Scotland – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Sussex East & West||£200.00|
|Tyne & Wear||£400.00|
Contact us for more information.