The Winchester range of garden offices are based on a modular design in sections of 1200mm and 600mm by 2134mm high There are a range of standard buildings which have a number of windows and doors and you can decide where you want to position them during the ordering process.
The Traditional Garden Office is supplied with a single half double glazed traditional door and double glazed traditional windows, the number of which depends on the size of the building. Additional windows can be added if required.
The Traditional Garden Office can be either manufactured with a pitched roof or a mono roof which comes under the 2.5m height. In addition to this the buildings come with sockets, lights, consumer unit and switch. There are also a number of additional options to add to the building if required.
The Traditional Garden Offices or Garden Rooms are constructed using 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) selected framing. The framework is built and clad with 16mm x 125mm tanalised shiplap cladding on the exterior, providing you with a 25 year rot resistant finish.
The interior is lined with 12mm brush grooved plywood, to provide a high quality and attractive finish, with cavity filled 50mm polystyrene insulation. Skirting and appropriate moldings are also fitted to provide a professional finish.
The floor has a 12mm plywood finish, and sits onto 1 1/2" x 3" (38mm x 75mm) tanalised floor joists with 75mm Celotex insulation underneath the plywood. A second level of tanalised bearers lifts the floor away from the concrete base to provide the necessary air flow beneath the building.
The Traditional Garden Office roof construction comes in two versions although with the Traditional version the pitched version is the normal choice.
The pitched roof version is specially designed to provide maximum head room, with a clear span between each gable end wall. The inside of the roof is lined with 9mm plywood, and the outside of the roof has 12mm sterling board and 50mm polystyrene insulation fills the cavity.
Felt tiles are also fitted to the pitched roof of the office on top of an underlay felt to provide both a long lifespan and an attractive finish. The felt tiles are available in either Red/Brown (Clay effect) or Slate Grey.
The pitched roof ridge height, depending on the building size, is between 2.8m and 3.2m high as an average height. On smaller buildings we can drop the ridge height down to accommodate a 2.5m maximum height which will satisfy UK planning rules. If you need further advice on planning please call us for advice, or click here planning portal.
The Mono roof is popular when you want a contemporary look or you are looking for a garden building that is not too obtrusive in the garden
Alternatively, we normally specify the mono roof if you are trying to stay below the 2.5m high planning rule if you are within two metres of your boundary,
The Mono roof comes with either brown or grey polyester felt and now we can offer a metal clad roof for an extended service life. The Mono roof comes with a standard 400mm overhang to the front and 150mm to the sides.
Guttering is supplied and fitted as standard to the front & back of the pitched roof. Please note the roof overhangs the walls of the buildings by 6" (150mm) at the gable ends, and 1' (300mm) to the front and the back - this is in addition to the size of the building. We can however adjust the overhang sizes in the event of space restrictions.
The mono roof design has guttering to the rear only, or to just one side depending on the slope of the roof. The guttering in this instance is hidden by using barge boards.
The lights, sockets, and wiring are all in place ready to be connected by a qualified electrician. Standard offices are complete with a consumer unit (with breakers), a light switch, lights (with bulbs & transformers), and sockets, although more can be purchased to suit your requirements.
Please note that all sockets and lights will need a qualified electrician to connect the wiring at both the consumer unit end, and the socket / light end to comply with the current regulations. In addition to this your electrician will also need to connect the electric feed from the external power source to your office.
Standard Specification at a Glance
- External Clad - 16mm x 125mm tanalised shiplap cladding requiring no maintenance for 25 years.
- Heavy Duty Floor - 75mm tantalised framing Celotex plus 15mm plywood floor with a 20mm airgap for air flow.
- 5 Layer fully insulated and lined wall specification – Shiplap cladding plus vapour barrier, splash back DPM skirt, 75mm framing with 50mm Celotex and 12mm seamless vertical grooved lining board.
- Mono Pitched Roof – Mono Roof sloping from front to back with 150mm fall. Shiplap barge boards hide the fall of the roof and the guttering when viewed from the front
- Or Pitched Roof - The pitched roof comes with either slate grey or red / brown felt tiles
- Ground Work – There are a range of options, Concrete base, timber base or existing hard standing. For more information please click here or contact us for advice.
- Traditional Door – The Traditional Garden Office door is a standard width half double glazed door. The standard colour is a brown stain.
- Traditional Windows – The standard window size is 915mm x 915mm and they are double glazed casement windows with locking handles. Other sizes are available on request and the number depends on the size of the building.
- Insurance recognised locking system to doors and windows – The doors have a multi-lock system and the windows have locking handles
- Colour Options – The doors and windows can be painted to a factory finish in a variety of colours. The cladding can be stained by the Customer after installation. Please contact us for information on colours and prices.
- Skirting and trims – Skirting is included to floor level and at eaves level. Trims are included around the doors, window and to the ceiling.
- FSC Sustainable timber – All timber is from Scandinavian certified and sustainable forests
- Vapour Barrier – The built in vapour barrier is an essential element of the structure to keep the damp out of the building.
- Lighting – The building will be supplied with chrome GU10 down lights, the number will depend on the size of the building
- Sockets and Consumer Unit – The sockets and switches come with chrome face plates. The Consumer unit comes with two switches, 6amp for the lights and 16amp for the sockets. It also has an RCD built into it. Again the number of sockets depends on the size of the building and more can be purchased if required.
- Roof Overhangs – The Mono roof comes with a 400mm standard overhand to the front (can be altered if required) and 150mm overhand to the sides with guttering to the rear. The pitched roof has a 300mm overhang to the front and rear with 150mm on the gable ends.
- Guttering – All our garden offices come with either black or brown guttering and down pipes where appropriate. The mono roof has guttering the rear only and the pitched roof has it fitted to the front and rear
Available Optional Extras
- Factory Finish doors and windows - painted in either anthracite grey of cream
- uPVC doors and windows up-grade - in either Anthracite Grey, or white
- MDF lining - ready for painting
- Feather edge - cladding
- Cedar - cladding
- Base work
- Blue Tooth - System with speakers in the ceiling
- Porch Lights - in overhang
- 1m decking - to front of building
- 600mm decking - to front of building
- Laminate floor - We have a large range to choose from.
Additional Windows & Doors
- Traditional Windows - 915mm wide (brown)
- Traditional Windows - 915mm wide (Painted)
- Traditional Windows - 915mm wide (uPVC)
- Velux windows
- Felt Tiles - slate grey or red/brown
- Cedar Shingles- with under felt
- Tapco Slate - with under felt
Finance and Funding Options
- Garden Retreat can provide either Hire Purchase or Finance lease options and there is also a large amount of other funding resources available. Please click here for more information on Finance and Funding Options
If you require planning information we are happy to advise and support, please click here for further information.
All prices include installation, VAT, the only additional cost would be delivery which is listed in the table below.
For further information please either complete the contact form below or call one of our team.
|Cornwall – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Scotland – Supply Only||Price on Application|
|Sussex East & West||£200.00|
|Tyne & Wear||£400.00|
Contact us for more information.